Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Arrival in London

So I am here. Yes there were some confusing points of the journey but that always happens. For example, I got on the wrong shuttle bus. But that did not deter me, not at all. I still arrived early enough to take an earlier flight. Now I am sitting in an "internet cafe" which something I say loosely because I am actually in store with some computers. This Indian fellow is singing in the background while I try to summarize my travels. Here is the email I sent to my family. Maybe that will shed some light on my experience so far:

I wanted to send an email to let you know that I am alive. I got to London Heathrow around 11am. The custom/passport guy gave me some issues because I did not have the address of the place I was staying. Luckily he just gave me attitude and accepted what I had to give. It's different here, yet somewhat familiar. Anyhow, I am staying with my friend Bryce, who just moved into a great flat 2 days ago. I am not too jet lagged but I am excited to pass out tonight.

I will get a phone card tomorrow. The most important thing is that I got food. I will try and call soon so that I can prove that this email is not a fake.

Love you,
Nia

1 comment: