Saturday, January 17, 2009

Experiencing London

Firstly I have to apologize for not having pictures. I have not attempted to transfer them onto the computer.

So bet you are wondering what I have been doing in London since I have been here four days and barely wrote anything. The first two full days I wondered the streets viewing incredible sights like the London bridge, Tower bridge, Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament... Ok this list will go on and on. I surprisingly went into only one museum which had famous works of Monet, Van Gogh, Seurat and many more.

Yesterday I took a trip outside London because I wanted to see the country side. I went to Salisbury, which is a quaint town, but sadly modernized. I took a tour bus to see Stonehenge and it was spectacular. I must say it looked like the pictures but it still had the essence of mystique upon entering the premises. Even though I was feeling under the weather, I was determined to enjoy every moment. Basically I sat and walked while marveling at this monument. I could not believe I was there. The funny thing about it is that there are two roads on either side that people use frequently meaning people pass by this ancient artifact daily. I cannot even grasp that reality.

Today I spent a lot and probably will be indoors all day, but I hope and pray that I will get better so that this trip can continue with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment