Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marseille

I decided to got see the Cote d'Azur. I took time out of my busy schedule to visit the train station and buy a ticket. My challenge was to find a great deal and not spend too much. Just so you know it is very difficult to not spend money in Europe, almost impossible.

I reach le a gare with high hopes. I got to the ticket counter and asked for a ticket to Nice. Sadly the price was not within my budget (which I made up on the spot) so I turned and walked away. Then I decided to not leave until I found a ticket elsewhere. So I thought maybe I will go to Germany, its close. When I discovered the prices I was not encouraged, but somehow I thought about Marseille. To make a short story less drawn out, I bought a cheap ticket to Marseille. I literally paid 100 euro for a ticket, which was cheaper then my ticket from London.

Arriving in Marseille was a treat. There were some awesome American gals to converse with and I was excited because I have not hung out with any Americans recently. I walked around and saw Marseille at night and it was gorgeous. Imagine how I felt this morning going out to see the city. This is the place you want to go because people are friendly, the sun shines bright, there are free things to do. I am content with the fact that I visited a fort, went to a church that had an amazing view, and watched the sunset on the beach. I walked so much today and every step lead me to another wonder I could only have in Marseille. Sadly, I have to leave tomorrow night, but I still get another day to basket in the glory of this beautiful city on the coast of France. I am having a wonderful time!

2 comments:

  1. What a shame you didn't know that you can get a train ticket to Marseille for as little as 19€ if you book ahead time on the SNCF website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I felt as if I was there with you as you described Marseille!!

    ReplyDelete