Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paris

First, I would like to apologize for my lack of posting recently. Just because I am in a foreign country without access to internet should be no excuse to do my sworn duty as a blogger. I should be ashamed of myself. I could go on scolding myself, but I only have 30 min on this French computer and I am typing slower because of the keyboard arrangement.

I have been in Paris a week now. I have seen the Louvre, Notre Dame de Paris, Pont Neuf, Chalet Les Halles, Sacre Coeur, le Seine, and so much more. The people are beautiful, stylish, sexy... this list goes on. On the other hand, I personally feel like an unattractive slob, which may be blowing my cover. I did not think of Paris when I packed and now je regrette ca. I am also stubborn and frugal so I probably will not be buying new clothing. The weather is not very inviting for style at times I am so cold that I do not any parts of my body exposed. I may as well check "French lover" off my list. My french is very bad, it is almost embarrassing, but I can get by so no one is rude, but they do correct my pronunciation.

Paris est tres magnifique! Je adore les personnes et le view? See bad French. I recently found out there will be strike happening on Thursday. Apparently all public transportation will shut down, which concerns me and my dependency on it. Sometimes these strikes are short sometimes long. That is a reason why I want to skip town, but I have not decided where I should go. I could lay low while the french government deals with their demands. This may be a reason why there are cops everywhere. I saw protesters one day who looked angry. Cecile s a woman I am staying with and her mother told me the French are never satisfied. C'est le vie!

à beintot,
Nia

1 comment:

  1. Nothing to worry about; it is just a one day strike. I will probably be going to work by Vélib tomorrow. The new century has changed thing a lot.

    It is a pleasure to read about your trip.

    ReplyDelete